Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Fancy New Device....The Fujifilm X-M1

Here I am, in my messy room (because I'm far too busy) with my fancy new device....

I got my first camera when I was
12, I think... Within the first 30 minutes I used up a whole roll of film. The camera was a simple one - put in the film and a battery, turn it on and CLICK - take a picture. I got my first digital camera several years ago, but it too was a very simple camera, unless there was more to it than I thought at the time... Hmm, where is that camera? I should find it and see if there was more to it after all.
Well, I got myself a new camera for my Digital Photojournalism class - The Fujifilm X-M1. For me, it was a pricey thing but I thought, this will be worth it. In no time at all I'm sure I'll have this thing mastered and I'll be taking some amazing pictures. I was a silly girl to think this device was going to be SIMPLE. For me, this device is very complicated, but it's my new toy and so I am determined to find out how it works.  This camera can upload directly to the Internet, I believe... I haven't tried it yet, but that's pretty sweet. I uploaded photos directly to my phone through a wireless transfer. There are so many settings that it makes my head spin.
Anyway, this is the device that I'm going to learn about... and hopefully master someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment